Help Please... Does the image field work correctly in a customized form page?

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Hello,

In my NewForm.aspx page, I have an image field. This field allows uploading an image in NewForm and EditForm pages. Also, it shows the uploaded image in DispForm page correctly. This is if I don't edit the forms pages using Sharepoint Designer (SD).

But, the problem when I try to customize one or more of these forms using SD, the image field does not show the image in DispForm page. And If I cancel the customization modifications, it returns workings properly.

Please, how can I resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Hello,

good question, I never tried to do this... I'll check when I have the time ;-)

Thanks, regards

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Hi Zick,

I hope that you'll find the free time as soon as possible ;) ... because my client requires that this task be finished in 24 hours :( !!

Best regards.

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Hi Zick,

I though about this solution:

1. I open the DispForm.aspx page in Sahrepoint Designer.

2. Then, I use JavaScript to retrieve the value of the image field (that means the URL of the image).

3. Finally, Use the retrieved URL to show the relative picture via javascript.

What do you think about this suggestion? The problem is that I don't know how to get the URL of the image field in the DispForm.aspx page !!

Best regards.

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM
Edited Mar 23, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Can you give me steps of your customisation ? I jsut changed the title in the title area of the page but the picture is still displayed... So no problem. Can you say me in details what you are changing in the DipsForm.aspx. I have to reproduce the bug in order to fix it ;-)

Regards

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Well, here is the scenario:

1. I've created a new Sharepoint list named "DemoList" containg two fields: Title (single line text field) and Image (image field).

2. I've added two items to this list. And, the items fields are well displayed in display page, also I've edited the image field of one item by replacing the old chosen image by a new one and it has been replaced successefully. Till now, no problems, all is working correctly.

3. Then, I've launched SharePoint Designer and From the left tree menu, I've clicked on Lists node. Then, I've double clicked on "DemoList" and bouble clicked on NewForm.aspx file (in a nutshell, I've opened the NewForm.asp file of the "DemoList" list) .

4. Now, I want to insert a custom form list in order to customize the form fields, so what I've done is:

a) In creation mode,  I've selected the ListFormWebPart which contains the three columns (Column Name 1, Column Name 2, Column Name 3)

b) Rigth click on this ListFormWebPart and I've chosen WebPart Componenet Properties.

c) Then, I've selected "Layout" and I've checked the field "Hidden", then OK.

d) Next, I've clicked in an empty region (exactly in in the extreme down right corner of PLaceHolderMain under the ListFormWebPart)

e) From the menu bar: Insert > SharePoint Controls -> Custom List Form

f) From the dialog box that appears, I've selected the name of the list that I want to customize its NewForm and also I've checked the first radio button as a form type to be created. Then OK.

g) Now, I can see a DataFormWebPart that contains the two fields (Title and Image).

h) I've saved the NewForm.asp file (As you see, I didn't change anything in the code manually).

5) I returned back to internet explorer browser and I refreshed the SharePoint site. And I moved to the page that allows me to add new item to "DemoList".

6) I've added a third element. I've filled the Title, and also I've filled in the image field. The image appears in the New form. Then OK.

7) But, and here is the problem, when I move to the list view page, I can see the titles fo the three lines and the images of the two first elements (which have been added before the customization of the NewForm) But I can't see the image of the third element.

8) And If I click on the Title of the third element in order to view the DispForm of this element, it is the same result: I can't see the image.

Then, If I check for the third image in Picture Library, I can find it there. That means that it has been uploaded correctly to the picture library.

I hope that this can Help.

Best regards,

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I'll check this, this evening...

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:54 PM

OK, I'm looking for your reply.

Best regards.

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Hi Zick,

Is there a solution for that problem?

Best regards.