Dual Language

Sep 25, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Hi,

This is a great tool.  There is a couple of improvements I would recommend.

Firstly the Graphic Image  shown in the form is used as the button to start the upload process - the version I installed had french "Choisir ..." text which was the hyperlink button.

Secondly, as my partner is French I appreciate the language version, but maybe you could release a French and English version. I found a number of french phrases mixed with English in the code ;-). 

"Fermer"

"Choisir une image"
"Effacer l'image"

Thanks! 

Steve

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Hello,

indeed, I just developped this feature in french but it's a good idea to deliver it in English. It will be done, but I don't understand your first idea, could you explain me more precisly please ?

Thanks a lot

Sep 28, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion, you have a graphic file called "nopic.png" located in the 12\templates\images folder.

At the moment (or at least the version I was working with) this graphics file appears in a new or edit form but if you click on it nothing happens, i.e. it isn't used to initiate the upload of the file.  Intuitively I was clicking this graphics file repeatedly expecting it to start the upload. I then realised I had to click the text :

"Choisir une image"
"Effacer l'image"

I thought it might be better to click the graphics file, maybe inserting the text "Click here to upload image" underneath the "nopic.png" file....

Thanks

Steve

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Has an english version ever been released?  This would be very helpful for me if it was in english!

I agree with Steve's idea bout clicking on the image to initiate the upload process, and would also like the ability to adjust the default image that is displayed.

I have two other feature requests that would be EXTREMELY helpful.

1. Ability to upload an image from the clipboard - possibly an option that says 'Copy from Clipboard'?
  2. Apparently, the default image library is named 'Image Picker Picture List' - however, because of the spaces when I receive an email alert, the hyperlink to the picture does not work.  The list should be named something with no spaces like 'Image_Picker_Picture_List' or should be user configurable.

Other than that, great tool and we thank you!

~Q~

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Hello,

I'm very sorry for the time that I take for doing it but I have a lot of things to do. I gonna try to do it ASAP.

Your suggestion about the clipboard is a very good idea. I'm gonna see what is possible for this idea.

Regards

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Hello,

just a message to say that I'm currently working on this codeplex. I'll release a version with stevepye request.

Regards